This is a recipe that I first made when on holiday this year in Sicily. Inspired by all of the fresh veg and Italian cuisine I made this simple, yet full of flavour, fettuccine dish.
Recipe (serves 2):
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chili, chopped
4-5 anchovies, chopped
Handful of parsley
Fresh pasta 230g
Basil, to garnish
2 fresh Tomatoes
Optional – meat or fish of choice
- On a heated pan melt the butter, add the anchovies and garlic. After a minute add the chili.
- Put the fresh pasta onto boil.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till slightly soft.
- Spoon the cooked pasta into the pan with the sauce mix. Add a ladle of the pasta water.
- Add a handful of chopped fresh parsley. (optional – Add a small amount of butter for silkiness)
- Serve with some fresh basil and grated parmesan.
- Optional: Team with grilled fish or add chicken strips to the pan when cooking
Read more on Sicilian cuisine in my earlier blog post
Written by Lilia Malcolm, September 2017